Hello any and all Showtimers -
This is Brother Bice! Nancy and I are living at 2067 Abbey View Dr., West Jordan, UT 84088.
Would love to hear from you via this blog or my phone (801) 898-1204. I'll try to send out a notice to all those for whom I have an email, then you can send others this blog address so we can keep up.
I may divide this up by cast (if I can remember who belongs to each of the 15 casts).
At least this is a start. Remember - Brother Bice will ALWAYS love you!
"teach me to be a better kind of person. The kind I like to be."
RUSS
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
33 comments:
Cool Brother Bice...Great Idea... Hello All- Just wanted to support this Idea so not much to say at the moment - hope to catch up with everyone. Best - Justin Kinnaird
Wow, it has been a long time. I have to say that I am very interested in finding out what everyone is up to. And Justin Kinnaird, you need to email me. You can't have nothing to say after almost four years. :-)
Bronwyn (McMillan) James
james.bronwynm@gmail.com
The other day I was cleaning out all my old tapes and DVD's. I found all the old practice tapes and the DVD's we made. So much fun! I had my little 4-year-old, Addison, listen to some of the music and he loved it. It got me "remembering" and I went to find some of the old sheet music I still had. It was a very special experience for me, and realized how big a role each of you had played in my life. Thanks for your examples. I sure hope the best for you. Someday we need to get together for a big reunion. I love you all!
Cassie (Field) White
cassieandtodd@hotmail.com
Hey everyone! Bro. Bice thank you for getting this going. I want to talk to all of you. I am noticing that it has been our cast to comment so far. Bronwyn- I know Elder Evans from your mission. We need to chat. Kinnaird- how are you? Man I miss all of you. Cassie, mother of a four year old- I know you are such a cute mom. Cristi- you are fantastic at keeping me updated. Thank you!
My email is brinnking@msn.com and michaelandbrinn.blogspot.com is my blog.
I miss you all and I miss doing Christmas shows. Maybe I'll go to the mall and start my own.j/k
Hello all...I hope everyone is doing well. This will be a nice, pressure-free way to get introduced to the mysterious world of "blogging." AND a good way to say hi. Good thinking, Bro. Bice. My little family and I are now living in Boise. It's been a good town to live in, primarily because there is top notch fly fishing within an hours drive in any direction I choose. (That just so happens to be a prerequisite of mine when determining where to live). I also see this web site being a good way to say hi to all my family members who were in Showtime. So, to Justin Kinnaird, Justin Stevens, James Stevens, Brook Stevens, and my good brother Nathan (aka: Natron), I hope you all are doing great; let’s get together sometime soon.
Wow - it's working, and reading the comments brings on some tears. Cleaning the garage I found an old cassette tape - from the 1990 cast which toured England with Trent Walker as our sound tech. It was a wonderful "live" recording of a performance at the "Gaiety Theater" on the Isle of Man. If anyone from the 1990 cast wants a copy, I'm leaning how to transfer cassette to CD.
To Cassie (Field), Cristi, Justin, Jordan, Brinn - I suggest that since Cristi brought up a reunion, that she be elected to locate everyone, pick a date & location (in SLC area) & go for it. Gotta get back to work. May I just say once more what a unique and intense and spiritual time we all spent together - at such pivotal times in our lives. I love each of you more than tongue can tell - (but tears do a good job).
--Russ (Brother Bice for those who just can't make the transition)
And "Rusty" for those who want to go beyond the transition.j/k A reunion would be a blast. I second Cristi as the planner. (sorry Cristi) I will be in the SLC area from the 16th-22nd, I don't know what other's schedules are, but that is mine. It's so good to get in touch again.
Well, I'm not going to have my older brother and cousin outblogging me. Well, here's what I know of my life at this point. I'm a medical student somewhere in Missouri. Turns out it's really hard, but I'm surviving. I'm just starting the second quarter of my first year. So far I've not met a girl who likes my last name enough to want it for herself, but she'll come. Life is good. Busy and tough, but good. I won't likely be available for reunions as my school keeps me on a pretty short leash, but you should all have one anyway. I know it won't be any fun without me, but you just need to press forward regardless. Well, everybody be good.
That guy you called Natron
natronforever@gmail.com
I'm not sure whether Russ left my name out of the reunion list because I'm not invited, or if he just didn't realize I'd posted. I'll give him he benefit of the doubt. I would first like to say that it has been a pleasure to learn what has been happening with everyone in the last 7 years. A quick update on my life (since I didn't do it last time). I married Christiaan James in April 2004, and graduated from BYU in April 2005. My husband and I both graduated in Middle East Studies/Arabic, which began for me really when I went to the Jerusalem Center just after our 1999 tour. We spent the year after graduation in Egypt and Yemen doing research and studying Arabic. We are now in Massachusettes where Chrisiaan is in graduate school at Harvard, and I am working to pay the rent. We feel really blessed to have had some unique experiences, but we are glad to be settled in the U.S. for a few years now. God bless America folks, for real. I am not in a position to come to a reunion, but please take pictures if you do get together!
Jay Mcgregor, Eldon (Randy) Harston and I are getting together for a reunion in Boise this weekend. The Transiberian Orchestra is in town: big sound, losts of moving lights, laser show, fog and haze like you wouldnn't believe, and a bunch of old 80s rockers (mullets and all) jamming...and I mean jamming...to Christmas music. Sounds like the perfect type of gig for a few former Showtime Techs to get together for. As far as the reunion is concerned...I'll be happy to facilitate a party in Boise, but if it's in SLC I second the Cristi vote. Sorry Cristi, but you're perfect for the job :-)
Nate, keep up the good work in Med School. You and I will definitely reunion over Christmas. Maybe a little fishing, or a quick trip to the lake for some freeze on skiis,...I vote fishing, though. If anyone happens to be spending Christmas in Kimberly, ID you're more welcome to join us!
I'm agreeing with the "sabatage Cristi" thing. Isn't that nice of us Cristi? But it would be fun to see everyone again. I will be in Utah from Dec. 17th to Dec. 28th. I would love to go, but totally understand if we can't pull something together that quickly. (Cristi--my dad is a bishop if you want/need a church, but ya'll'd have to drive to Syracuse!) Anyone have the recipe to the "Showtime salad"? It just wouldn't be complete without some mandarin oranges and poppyseed dressing!!! Let me know!
Greetings from beautiful Park City, Utah! I can't believe my father knows how to blog. I always thought he was pretty suave, but this just puts him over the top. I'm sitting here watching my daughter bounce around and squeal with delight in her Johnny Jumper and am thinking, "Now when exactly did I go from carefree, crazy, flirty college student to responsible, boring mother?" Ok, so the responsible part is debatable, but I am a mother not to be reckoned with! (I'm not really sure where that came from or what it means, but I can't be responsible for what my fingers type).
I suppose it is time to get some new blood from another cast into this blog! But let's be honest, I got to bleed into every Showtime cast. It's been so fun to read everyone's comments. If only there were digital cameras back in our day...we could really have some fun posting old pictures. As for my post-Showtime life summary, it goes as follows: New York City, mission in Peoria, Illionois, Music/Dance/Theatre and Young Ambassadors at BYU, L.A. to teach theatre and dance, met husband Vic, married in 2004, ended up in Park City, cutest baby girl you've ever seen born six months ago. (Lucia Isabella...goes by Lucy). I've kept in pretty good touch with Justin Kinnaird, Eden, Suzie, Alena, Wighty,Sarah Peterson, and Crocky (Justin Smith's in-laws live in my ward in PC so I get the occasional update and Holiday visit), Guitar Dan was in Y.A's with me and I hear he is now married. I will do my best to get these folks informed and involved. I also nominate Miss Christi as Showtime Reunion Queen. Miss Congeniality goes to Cassie White. Love to you all!!
Molly...you were a flirty college student???
Ummm....I was flirty with everyone except Jordan Allen.
So I'm having to use my husbands google account to post comments here. For some reason, my molly mcbutta account isn't working. So in case you were wondering whether or not my husband Vic was flirty with everyone except Jordan Allen, that is definitely true.
Great Cristi, Thanks! Molly! I didn't realize you had a baby! I am so happy for you! I am not a blogger, but I did check out Brinn's site--SO CUTE! ANd Brinn is as beautiful as ever. SO...I was wondering if all ya'll (I live in Texas, so I am allowed this slaughtering of the English language) could post pictures. I would love to see your families and such! Is this a possibility, or is it only allowed through Bice? --Or sorry "Rusty"!
Molly, I'm glad you cleared up the fact that your husband never had a crush on me :-)
As far as posting pictures goes, I believe the only person that has access to post pictures to this blog is Bro. Bice. If we email our pictures to him, he will be able to put them on this blog. That's what I think, anyway. Does anyone know if I'm wrong?
Josh R...good to hear from you. If you see Nathan Lee again let him know this blogs address. It would be good to hear from him again.
Jay Mcgregor, Randy Harston and I (and our spouses) spent this past weekend together. We went to the Transiberian Orchestra...if you've never been, you should make it a point to go. Great show. I wouldn't say the music put me into the Christmas spirit, but it was a rockin show.
Weeehaw! So I have never Blogged before, in fact, I just chatted today for the first time...savvy huh? This looks so fun though! I just had to mention that I am in contact with several showtimers who may not know about this Bloggy thing so I will let them in on the secret. To name a few I have recently talked to: Jarin Stevens, Kimberly (Nelson)Summers, Mark Wightman, Laurie (Lowe) Lundgreen, Brooke (Hersh)Ashby, Kristen (Crockett)Montgomery.I just wanted to hop on board to say howdy to Jordan & Nathan & to tell Bronwyn- I know we have never met- My son's name is Christian James Stevens. Just thought that was fun when I read your husbands name. I am a big find similarities & patterns person... I am probably Rain Man or something. Anyway, I'm game for a reunion! Let us know when & where! Chelsea (Apperson) Stevens
Chelsea, you must be quality, that's all I can say. I just adore every Christian James I have ever met. True there are few (one actually), but that means it's 100% so far, and I'm sure your son is fabulous. Thanks for the shout out. :)
I just wanted to take a chance to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. I know everyone who uses this blog is "Merry Christmas" and not "Happy Holiday" folks. What a relief! So, be safe, be healthy, be happy, eat lots, relax and enjoy this special holiday season. I'm glad to know each of you. Merry Christmas!
Justin, I met your brother Jonathan a few weeks ago at Sunday dinner. Small world.
-Brittney Mortimer
Great to see you in the blogosphere, Russ. Showtime deserves a place online. Idaho is great. Kids are growing~families expanding. I've got three kids now and Cort has one. We live in Nampa, ID. You can see pictures of the kids at http://myweb.cableone.net/christam/index.html
Hope to hear from you showtimers!
Chris Peterson
chrisrpeterson@gmail.com
Chris...
Was that family picture taken at the Shoshone Falls??? My backyard. I'm from Kimberly.
Hey, how about those Bronco's? Truly the best game I've ever seen. I moved to Boise with my family a couple years ago. I was a Bronco fan shortly after that move, and now, after the Fiesta Bowl, I'm loyal for life!
Good to meet you.
Jordan Allen
Did I miss it? What happened to the reunion thing? Probably too quick to pull together for this year...so everyone do your homework and find all the "Toshimers" you can, and maybe we'll have a get together sometime in the future. Brother Bice...do you think that BYUI would host something for us? Maybe it would be easier for more to keep it in Utah...suggestions? Cristi! Where did you go?...besides California! :) Love you all...hope to hear from you!
I am sitting here about to DIE of laughter and joy reading everyone's blogs! How the @#&* is everyone doing? I have to say that I have never done this type of thing before. I thought the only people who "Blogged" were just underaged girls pretending to be older and creepy old men pretending to be 18, go figure! Anyway last 7 year update is married in July 1999, back to Rexburg, Las Vegas, had baby, moved to Utah, had baby, moved to Texas and you guessed it, had baby. So there you have it. I have all girls Savanah, Darby and Channing. My husband is a teacher and football coach and we are living in the North Houston area. For those of you who don't know that's in Texas....I drive a Mini Van and my oldest is in Kindergarten and I find that my body is here in the present but in my mind I'm still 18 living it up with all you fine people. I've stayed in touch with Smally Smallisa Spice Jackson, Suzie Jacobsen Balser (pregnant with a baby girl and moving to New York),Thea Nissen Greaves(has two girls and lives in Scottsdale AZ) Rochelle Terry Richardson ( 2 boys livng and going to school in Bountiful), Gretchen Crowther Olsen(mother of 3 living in Vermont while husband does Med school) and Justin Smith("working" in Hawaii at BYU-H with wife and son Kai). I have heard about some of you and I am happy that you are happy. In my next blog I will tell you about how I met Chrisopher Guest (Waiting for Guffman) and his wife Jamie Lee Curtis and the exciting events that took place following that meeting. As for now you must all admit that you watched "GREASE: Your the One That I Want" and remembered the glory days and thought to yourself," I am so much better than them!". I love you ALL!!!!!
Hey Eden! What is your email address? You really need to come to Sea World and come and stay with me. I'm just in San Antonio. Small world, eh? I can get you a really good deal! Anyway, I love your girls' names. Just happen to be looking for more names myself! :) Anyway, talk later!
Hey Cass! My email is morrisbasil@hotmail.com How fun you are close. Is todd still in school? I knew you lived in San Anonio but I thought you may have moved by now. The last time I saw you was at Christi's reception. You had Addison and were big with child #2! How is your little family doing? We have been wanting to take our girls to Sea World, it would be FABULOUS to see you! Maybe we can work out a road trip in the near future! How fun would that be! Let's keep in touch!
I suggest we setup a yahoo group, much more conducive to conversation and groups, allows pictures, etc. I would rather Russ be the admin. I'll set it up and once he is in, turn it over to him. Glad to see the communication happening!
Russ you'll never believe who I am married to and working with. Actually all of you will be suprised.
JASON HULL
Ok here's the group: come join it
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/showtimeco/
Once in there is a place for pictures and all kinds of other info.
JASON HULL (Formerly JellyFace Jason)
Click to join the Showtime Company Alumni Yahoo Group
I accidentally googled 'Breast of Bryce Newbert' and found this site, HOLY COW! Do people exist outside of Showtime? Ok, now if you don't get the breast joke I'm gonna sound like a perv... guess you had to be there...
But seriously now I remember back in the days of 1998 when we thought, 'yeah someday we're going to look back on this and we are going to be old and that shiny Moments to Remember CD that we were so proud of, with our brilliant studio voices on it, would someday be a classic to our children...' Um, since when did that happen? How could this happen to me I am already looking into Botox treatments...
I am living in Las Vegas living the American Dream! Life is wonderful and could not be happier, that is unless I could possibly score a full time personal masseur, car service and dog poop cleaner upper... other than that I am just as content as ever. :)
I started a new company here, check it out it's real fun:
www.venturevegas.com
For all you myspace hoars, here is my myspace page you can add me and I might put you on my top 8:
www.myspace.com/chadhardy
I would love to hear from all my old homies from the days when slept on bunk-beds and we could live on $200 a month! Bring it!
chad@venturevegas.com
Love to everyone and everything!! Let's plan a reunion!
XO - CHAD HARDY
Russ do you still update this? It's Aaron Kopp just started finding people again. it's good to hear from every one!
Post a Comment